- Defining the 10, 20 and 30 Exponential Moving Averages of Closing Prices
- SET EMA10 = ExponentialMovingAverage(CLOSE,10)
- SET EMA20 = ExponentialMovingAverage(CLOSE,20)
- SET EMA30 = ExponentialMovingAverage(CLOSE,30)
Reliable code editor.
Create any algorithm by writing code in the easy-to-master, zero learning curve Quant Script language.
The Quant ScriptTM language is not only powerful and versatile but also easy to use. There is a minimal learning curve to climb for beginning to use the Quant ScriptTM Code Editor; and there is a ZERO learning curve for beginning to use the Quant ScriptTM Code Wizard. Scripts built with either tool will achieve the exact same result and will behave the exact same way so using one or the other is strictly a matter of personal preference.
Very importantly, whether you use the Code Editor or the Code Wizard, for scripts to be usable and compatible with all S-Trader modules, they must return a result function as well as its inverse, i.e. a reverse result function. The script structure should therefore be:
- All script code and programming logic;
- SET RESULT = code and portion of the script for the function the script is supposed to return;
- SET REVERSE_RESULT = code and portion of the script for the inverse of the function the script is supposed to return.